Woking Mind and Woking Borough Council are looking for a Mental Health & Housing Support Worker on an 18-month fixed term contract. This person will be employed and supported by Woking Mind while primarily working as part of the Woking Borough Council Housing Support Team, enabling a smooth running of the housing support process and provide mental health advice.
Woking Mind is a local mental health charity who work within the Surrey community. They support mental wellbeing and recovery for adults by offering a wide range of group and 1 to 1 support.
This is an 18-month fixed term contract, full time position working 37 hours per week, with the occasional evening and weekends.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Providing mental health advice, supporting the Woking BC (WBC) Housing Support Teams and arranging mental health assessments for housing applicants
- Attending joint home visits and producing monthly monitoring reports
- Carrying out administrative tasks including keeping records and data up to date on the Council’s database
- Attending WBC Housing Support Team meetings and liaising with the mental health teams
- Facilitating a range of mental health support activities for housing applicants and providing one-to-one, group or drop-in support
- Being an active member of the Woking Mind service delivery team, attending mental health training, team meetings and contributing to service development
Knowledge Skills and Experience
This role is looking for an individual who has had significant experience as a mental health support worker (or equivalent) and is ideally educated to degree level.
You must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail and accuracy. For this role you need to be highly organised, flexible and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this role to Tony Bennett, Chief Executive Woking Mind - email@example.com. Further information on the role is also available on request.