About the role
Our busy Engagement Team manages public events like conferences, roadshows, training, resident meetings, board meetings and committees. We also provide small grants to local community groups and charities to help fund the marvelous work they do for Surrey's residents, towns and villages. You will help us in two of our most important roles; listening to our residents and supporting them through small pots of funding to help themselves and their neighbours.
You will help to organise, publicise and run successful local events. Your work will be varied and will bring you into direct contact with politicians, residents, community groups, businesses and professionals across Surrey. You will be part of a friendly, well-supported team and have opportunity to work independently and flexibly..
To be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement must clearly evidence that you can:
- Provide great customer care and service
- Accurately record, analyse, interpret and monitor financial data to produce reports
- Organise and prioritise your workload and deliver work on time
- Communicate clearly, demonstrating excellent written and oral skills
- Confidently use IT including web, social media and digital platforms
- Undertake general office administration (e.g. filing, photocopying)
- Drive and have a full UK license, with access to a vehicle for work
- Demonstrate educational achievement with 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, or equivalent
For more information, please find the full job description attached to the bottom of this advert.
For an informal discussion contact Jasmine Jaffar on 02085418714 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18th February 2020.
This role will be based at Consort House in Redhill but with regular travel to various sites across Surrey.
This position is offered on a one-year, fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
You will benefit from 24 days annual leave and have the opportunity to join a generous local government salary-related pension. Additionally, there are a wide variety of benefits you could take advantage of as part of MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff. We work flexibly, where possible, and strive to provide a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied, as applicable to your role.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.