Data is beautiful – and vital to helping us make a real difference to people's lives.
Are you curious, analytical and passionate about turning data into insight? Can you build a compelling case for change based on research or evidence? Are you able to inspire others?
Are you a skilled business intelligence analyst who can champion innovative practice in performance management? Do have a passion for finding new and interesting ways of presenting insights? Do you want to be part of our journey to become a leading council?
If so, we want to hear from you!
As an Information Analyst you will support a range of business intelligence activities including performance reporting, benchmarking, dashboard development and analysis – championing innovative approaches to drive high performance. You will have a proven track record of working in the Social Care arena and understand the care pathway.
You will be responsible for:
- leading on operational reporting across the Directorate which includes the design, development and roll-out of tableau dashboards to the frontline teams. Supporting the East Surrey locality Teams to improve local performance
- the planning, validation, submission and analysis of the following statutory returns:
- SALT (Short and Long Term Activity – NHS Digital)
- Annual Social Care Survey (NHS Digital)
- Carers Survey (NHS Digital)
- collating the quarterly SCC ADASS regional data collection
- supporting the ASC out of hours reporting rota
You will have:
- excellent working relationships with internal and external partners.
- excellent management skills, proven analytic skills, and the ability to exercise high levels of initiative to devise and implement workable solutions.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We're excited to hear from individuals who are experienced and exemplary analysts in the business intelligence field who can drive and champion innovative practice.
If you're passionate, enthusiastic and feel you want to be part of this journey, then please apply by uploading your CV and personal statement (no longer than two pages of A4 please) outlining your suitability for this role.
About the team
The Business Intelligence Team lies at the heart of Adult's Social Care Directorate providing a dynamic, flexible and responsive service. We are responsible for;
- delivering the ASC Statutory framework and links with national policy makers, the Department of Health & Social Care, Skills for Care and ADASS. Leading regional data interpretation and insight to support service improvement across the South East.
- providing support to operational teams, along with data, information and insight to improvement projects and is integral to managing analytics across a range of partners.
- leading on data visualisation within ASC and take an active role in the development of systems and reporting tools, promoting excellent IT skills.
For more information please find attached to this advert a full job profile or to arrange an informal chat please feel free to contact Charlotte Langridge, Business Intelligence Lead email@example.com.
Please note that you will be required to travel round Surrey to fulfil this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This job advert closes at 23:59 on Monday 6th April 2020.
Interviews will take place between 16th and 23rd April 2020.
Please note due to the Coronavirus and current health situation, if you are shortlisted for interview you may be offered to interview virtually via one of the following options: Skype, Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp Video Calls or standard video calls on mobiles as an alternative to a face to face interview. Phone calls are an option, however will offer limited ability for us to engage with candidates in the same way face to face allows. SCC will communicate with candidates in advance to confirm the most suitable interview method.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
A Basic Disclosure will be required for this role.
Please do not apply if you have been unsuccessful at interview stage previously for this role for any team across Adult Social Care in Surrey County Council as your application will not be considered for 3 months from your interview date.