About the Role
Here at Reigate & Banstead Borough Council we are looking for a calm and confident Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) to join our experienced Parking Team.
As a CEO, you will be working in all weathers patrolling all parking restrictions throughout the Reigate & Banstead Borough, issuing tickets where contraventions have taken place as well as covering other duties such as checking pay and display equipment.
About the Person
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills, being able to work with the public, sometimes in difficult situations.
• An ability to work on your own initiative.
• Previous parking enforcement experience or relevant street experience in a similar role is preferred. Applicants with experience within a demanding customer care role would also be considered.
• A full driving licence.
• Alignment with the Council’s expected behaviours of being Positive, Supportive, Flexible and Innovative.
• Being content with working regularly on weekends and bank holidays.
Please note that employment in this role will be subject to a standard DBS check.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Sasha Leonard, Parking Team Leader, on 01737 276345. Please leave a message if you can’t get through and we will return your call.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 27 October 2020
Interview date: W/C 2 November 2020
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.