Are you looking to drive and support improvement for children and families?
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your career in local government?
Can you manage projects, be forward thinking and influence those around you?
If it’s a yes to all three, then we’ve got something just for you!
We have an excellent opportunity for a Planning and Projects Officer in our Children, Families and Lifelong Learning (CFL) department for a 10-12-month contract (depending on start date). This is being offered as a secondment or fixed-term role, depending on your circumstances.
In Surrey, we are continuing with our significant improvement programme in children’s services and we have clear focus to work with our partners to support children, young people and families early to prevent crises and improve their outcomes.
The Planning and Projects Officer role is part of the Policy, Planning and Innovation Service, which is part of the Quality and Performance Division within the CFL department. The service consists of a Service Manager, a Team Manager, a Policy and Procedures Coordinator, a Policy Officer and two Planning and Projects Officers. The Planning and Projects Officer roles, alongside the Policy Officer role, reports to the Policy, Planning and Projects Manager.
In this service area we:
- Ensures national and local public policy and legislative developments are understood by the department and that the department responds accordingly
- Ensure there are robust practice procedures and protocols in place for key departmental services e.g. social care and SEND services
- Develop and deliver key improvement projects for our services
- Co-ordinate strategic planning across the department, and lead on business planning within the department, ensuring a ‘golden thread’ between strategic and operational planning is maintained
Some of our recent achievements include developing clear and consistent business plans for our full range of services in the department, project management and delivery of developing a new and sustainable approach to our children’s out of hours emergency service and leading on some key communication and celebration of Black History Month and LGBTQ+ history month.
For this role we are looking for someone:
- with a passion for improving outcomes and can deliver projects from start to finish
- who can see the bigger picture and understand how things fit together in a big organisation
- who can constructively challenge and be curious, so that the focus always remains on improving the lives of children and families
- who can develop relationships and networks both locally and beyond, to bring good practice and ideas to Surrey and can influence those they work, with including those at leadership level
For more information, please find the full job description attached below.Additional Information
For an informal discussion please contact Andrew Evans by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 8th March 2021.
Shortlisting will take place week commencing 8th March with interviews following on week commencing 15th March 2021.
This is a 10-12 month secondment / fixed term contract.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.