Do you have a passion for creating inspiring and appetising menus? Are you someone who likes to support the community and would like to work with a team of energetic, dedicated staff and volunteers, who deliver a range of other activities, and services within our local communities? Then read on!
This is a great opportunity to join our warm, hardworking and committed Community Centre team to provide an upbeat, warm and friendly service. You will be required to transform, modernise and inspire our community members through your cooking. You will also provide a short order snack offer and cooking a daily wholesome choice of hot tasty meals and a selection of puddings. There will also be a need to provide meals for special events and hirers should they need a small buffet or sandwiches.
About the Person:
- You should be an experienced cook with a background of working in a commercial kitchen.
- You will have experience of implementing food hygiene and maintaining high standards and records in a busy kitchen.
- You should have experience of health and safety matters, including COSHH.
- You will have experience of stock ordering and rotation.
- You should have experience of managing to a budget and budget monitoring.
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a wider team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- First Aid qualification
- Food hygiene qualification to level 2 or higher
This is a great opportunity for you to share your ideas, and inspirations for providing a safe warm centre, where all visitors, including vulnerable people visiting are given a truly happy social experience.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 16th May 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.