We’re looking for a talented Communications Officer to join a forward-thinking, results-driven Communications Team in a modern, progressive council. This fantastic opportunity (covering maternity leave) is a fixed term contract for 12 months and will provide you with exposure to a wide variety of topics and communications activities.
You’ll need to be adept and experienced at developing and selling in news stories which promote the council in interesting and innovative ways as well as confident in overseeing the production of our twice-yearly residents’ magazine with an audience of 140,000+. This varied role will require you to juggle competing demands, deal with people at many different levels, be able to distil sometimes complex issues and propose the right communications solutions.
At the same time you’ll be an integral member of an inspiring and creative team with responsibility for informing and explaining, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the council, delivering behaviour change and income generating campaigns, internal communications and more.
About the Person:
- You will have good experience of Media management and relations - Essential
- You must have experience of magazine production - Essential
- You will also have experience of using digital communications channels, including social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn) - Essential
- Your writing skills will be at a high level - Essential
- You will also be required to have strong organisational and inter-personal skills - Essential
- You will be a creative thinker – preferred
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: Extended to 16th May 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.