Are you looking an opportunity to join a successful Building Control Partnership.
The Southern Building Control Partnership is a 20-strong team employed by Tandridge District Council to deliver the Building Control service of its residents and businesses and those of Mole Valley and Reigate & Banstead councils.
As an Assistant Building Control Surveyor, you will help to ensure that the building regulations, which cover areas such as fire safety, public health, energy efficiency and accessibility are followed at all stages of construction. Our team of Building Control surveyors ensure compliance by evaluating plans and technical specifications submitted for approval and by carrying out site inspections. Our work also encompasses dealing with dangerous structures, Safety at Sports Grounds and enforcement in relation to unauthorised works.
You will be part of a thriving Local Authority Shared Service. The contract is for a fixed term of six months and will enable you to gain an insight into the role of a Building Control Surveyor.
Due to Covid restrictions the role is currently home-based and you will need a full driving licence and access to a car as you will be carrying out site visits in all three of our Council areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold three A Levels at Grade C or higher (or equivalent) or Level 3 Apprenticeship in Construction or Property related discipline*
- Have experience in Building Control including domestic plan checking and inspections.
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Be a proficient user of cloud-based technology - specifically the use of SalesForce CRM and Box DM systems and experience of plan checking online.
*Prior relevant experience will be considered.
In return you will earn a competitive salary, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, flexible working and generous annual leave entitlement.
If you would like to find out more about this role please contact our Head of Building Control, Mark Simpson on 01883 776960