Do you work in arboriculture? Are you passionate about working with trees and looking for an exciting new challenge? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
We’re recruiting for a Tree Officer, as part of our Parks and Countryside Team for a role which is:
- Exciting, interesting and challenging.
- Ideal for someone who likes to work flexibly, as part of a dynamic and supportive team.
- A great opportunity to develop your skills and experience in arboriculture to help you progress your career.
About the role
This role is a great opportunity for someone keen to be a key member of our team delivering a vital service for the district. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Inspecting trees and identifying work required to them.
- Ensuring our trees are maintained and managed properly.
- Managing contractors carrying out any work to our trees.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience of tree surveying, visual tree assessment and tree work specification setting.
- Have experience of risk assessment and hazard evaluation.
- Hold a minimum of Level 3-4 BTEC, ABC or City & Guilds qualification in arboriculture or equivalent.
- Are skilled working in contracted services.
- Are driven, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including commercial contractors, councillors and the public.
This is a permanent, full-time post and you will need to have a full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle for work purposes, for which an allowance is paid. The appointment is at grade M2 (£34,619) and therefore applicants must demonstrate they meet the criteria of the role at M2 level, as described in the Role Specification.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Nic Martlew on 01883 732774.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit our job pages using the apply online button below.