If you are great with customers, enjoy working in a fast-paced and varied environment, and consider yourself to be a valuable team member with a can-do attitude, then we have the job for you!
Our friendly and highly dedicated Harlequin team are looking for an enthusiastic Front of House Assistant with a passion for customer service You will be working in the lovely surroundings of the Harlequin Theatre & Cinema in this varied and rewarding role. Mainly based at the box office, you will also cover catering and stewarding functions when needed, whilst providing high levels of customer service at all times. You will get involved in a wide range of duties including the sale of tickets, helping customers with general queries and serving on the kiosk. We use a range of software throughout the venue so a good grasp of Microsoft Office plus an aptitude to learn is essential.
Please note that you will be required to work shifts to cover the hours of 9am – 9pm seven days a week.
About the Person:
- You will be comfortable dealing with customers face to face, over the phone and in writing
- You will have experience of working with ticketing systems or cash handling experience
- You will have experience using Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- You may have previous bar experience
- You will be able to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- GCSEs or equivalent
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 29 July 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 16 August 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.