What makes planning services at Elmbridge different?
We have talented, passionate people, determined to do their best work for Elmbridge, influencing and helping to shape Elmbridge.
As a Senior Compliance Officer, you will help us investigate and resolve alleged breaches of planning control. Sometimes these could be quite complex cases which will draw on your experience and knowledge of Planning legislation and dealing with sensitive and difficult situations.
You will also,
- work well as part of team but also on your own
- support your team with their workload and priorities
- have experience carrying out investigations and gathering evidence
- and have a good eye detail
As you would expect, excellent communication skills are important, as well as the ability to remain calm with customers who may be angry or upset. Your ability to ability to understand and clearly explain complex rules will be important.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Learning and development:
- We will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- You will meet people in the team who have completed Masters, been promoted within the team and have taken on other professional qualifications.
- We know hybrid working is here to stay and we will discuss the right mix of home and office for you.
- When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- The package:
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Paul our Development Manager a call on 01372 474808.
What are you waiting for?
Closing date: 16 August 2021
Interview date: 31 August 2021
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.