We are determined to deliver a quality housing service in Elmbridge. Our people have knowledge, experience and compassion. Our people are committed to supporting vulnerable people secure a home. Can you be one of our people?
- You will be working in a dedicated team providing support to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- You will work to prevent homelessness wherever possible and will develop personalised housing plans.
- You will assist in monitoring cases and processes to comply with our prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Providing support with the statutory review process and completion of government statistical returns.
- To maximise housing solutions, you will work with key partners to provide the best prospect for a client to secure and sustain accommodation.
- If homelessness can’t be prevented, you will seek suitable housing options for clients and will undertake detailed homelessness investigations.
- You will have experience of working in a frontline team and be able to influence and negotiate successfully.
- You will need to have a general understanding of our duties to homeless households and prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Your ability to provide solutions, communicate and to establish effective working relationships will serve you well in this role.
We are progressive organisation, committed to supporting the people of Elmbridge and that commitment extends to our employees.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to healthy walks – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
- Flexible working: We can offer a mix of both working from home and office-based work.
We operate a rota system in the team to ensure that we are available from 8.45am each day, you will be part of this rota.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
Find out more about our housing service on our website: https://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/housing/
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Sue Lucking on 01372 474521 or Juliette Martin on 01372 474598
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.