Programme Manager - Transformation
Grade – STR8
Salary £50,745 p.a. + Benefits
Up to 18-month contract
37 hours per week
Stroud District Council is an aspiring authority based in the Cotswolds offering a special place to live and work. Sustainability is at the heart of our ambitions for our place, our communities and our council. We were the first carbon neutral council and we continue to push ourselves and our influence to achieve more for our residents, businesses and workforce.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in a fast developing, forward thinking and ambitious organisation? We have developed an inspiring transformation programme, Fit for the Future, to deliver our modernisation agenda. This is a critical role; leading and managing the programme to create a culture of opportunity which enables managers to transform and digitise service delivery; to become a community centric organisation.
Demonstrating that you are an organised, supportive, positive and flexible leader with relevant experience within similar organisations, you will be able to lead the delivery of our plans for our modernisation. The resources to achieve are available, you will have responsibility for a significant transformation budget and we are in the process of investing in digital products that will enable the modernisation of community access and automated services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative individual who understands balancing the delivery change focussed on community needs at the necessary pace to deliver financial efficiencies of our financial strategy. The successful person will
- provide confidence to senior stakeholders that plans are achievable and well managed through effective governance. Ensure all our plans are maintained and collated into an organisation roadmap, that all risks and issues are managed throughout the life of the programme.
- drive forward the programme through effective relationships with workstream leads and service managers.
- be a highly motivated, ambitious and driven person who can successfully lead the programme team to deliver programme objectives at pace;
- work with colleagues across the Council to drive through modernisation, not stopping at implementation but actively enabling and supporting the adoption of new technology and ways of working to optimise return in investment;
- have significant experience of managing whole organisational change programmes, having previously managed programmes of work which have delivered significant community, customer and financial value; and
- have excellent resource management skills, able to design and prioritise work programmes and a proven ability to motivate staff to deliver at pace.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we provide a range of staff benefits including 22 days’ annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), access to a contributory pension scheme and an opportunity to continuing your personal and career development in a friendly, supportive work environment.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Andrew Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details of the job and to apply please visit the link below
Closing Date: Sunday 1st August 2021
Online interview – Week commencing 9th August 2021
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from people with disabilities, people from ethnic minority groups and people from all sections of the community.