Advanced Social Workers is a newly developed role in Surrey Children Services. While holding a significantly lower-case load of complex cases in our Assessment, Looked after Children Teams or Safeguarding Teams, you will be supporting the Team Manager to develop social workers who have less experience in the field. This is an opportunity for you to progress your career in social work while not entering into a management role. You will have the opportunity to join colleague Advanced Social Workers in County Wide learning activities organised by the Surrey Children's Service Academy. You will have continuous professional development with a clear professional development pathway.
We collate applications on a daily basis. Your application will be reviewed by the hiring manager and a response can be expected within 5 working days.Job Advert
We Want YOU!
South East Quadrant covering Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead and Mole Valley
Children are at the heart of everything we do, and we have been embedding new approach to help support the children of Surrey. We are a team of dedicated professionals here at Surrey to help drive Surrey's new family centred approach to tackling the causes of children being in need or at risk.
All social workers in Surrey receive regular high quality, reflective supervision by experience Team Managers. Additionally, those with less experience will be mentored and supported in their casework by Advanced Social Workers. Joining us as a Senior social worker hold a range of complex cases within a manageable caseload.
Are you a registered, qualified Social Worker with Social Work England (or equivalent)?
We are recruiting Social Workers, Senior Social Workers, Advanced Social Workers across the following teams:
• Assessment Service
• Family Safeguarding Service
• Looked After Children's Team
We are also looking for Team Manager with opportunities in the Family Safeguarding Service
To recognise, your exceptional skills and talent, further to a competitive salary, we are now offering a new financial package of up to £6000 to new permanent qualified frontline case-holding social workers, team managers and Independent Chairs (These are subject to tax and national insurance deductions and paid pro rata if you are part time) :
- An unconsolidated welcome payment of £1,000 with a corresponding retention period of six months;
- A further unconsolidated retention payment of £2,000 on completion of six months service, with a corresponding retention period of twelve months
- A final unconsolidated retention payment of £3,000 on completion of 18 months service with a corresponding retention period of two years.
- Payment will be deducted from the final month salary should the corresponding tie in period not be completed.
Salary scales for roles are as follows:
- Social Worker: (£35,382 - £39, 246 per annum)
- Senior and Advanced Social Workers: (£40,227 - £44,619 per annum)
- Team Manager: (£45,734 - £51,725 per annum)
We look forward to speaking to you!
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.