Looking for an apprenticeship and interested in helping families in need by providing key administrative support? Do you have the dedication and enthusiasm to work for a forward-thinking and innovative organisation? Then could be the rewarding apprenticeship you are looking for!
*To keep our staff safe at RBBC we are working remotely under the current restrictions.*
Working in this close-knit and friendly team you will be dealing with general enquiries (via email, telephone or face to face), document filing, photocopying, dealing with post, diary management, stationery orders and website editing and assisting with the financial administration of the services. You will schedule and attend meetings including minute taking, provide support to colleagues such as (but not limited to) supporting visits, helping with training days and assisting at events and drop-in sessions.
You will also act as a point of contact for people calling into the team, correspond with external partners and internal teams and Keep our databases (and any paper files) up to date.
At Reigate & Banstead you’ll get all the benefits of an apprenticeship with paid work experience and a recognised qualification. You will gain valuable skills by working within the passionate and hardworking Family Support Team. We believe a structured Apprenticeship Programme is paramount in helping apprentices achieve their qualifications. We have put together a programme that will provide you with the support and guidance needed to ensure you get the most out of your training and development. The apprenticeship will leave you with an Industry Advanced Level 3 qualification.
About the Person:
- You will have excellent organisational skills
- You will have experience of using Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook
- You must have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ideally you will have experience in providing services to people
- It is important that you have an understanding of equality of opportunity and an ability to work with diverse communities
- You will have a willingness to learn
- It is important that you can recognise the importance of confidentiality
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- We are looking for someone with a good standard of education, ideally with 7-4/A-C grade GCSE's in maths and English or equivalent.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 26 September 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.