Do you want to make a difference to someone’s life?
Do you have the passion and drive to support vulnerable people to reach their employment aspirations?
At Surrey Choices, we put the people we support at the heart of everything we do, inspiring and challenging them to learn, enjoy and achieve their goals. Our mission is to deliver innovative, sustainable services that enable choice and positive outcomes for the people we support. These services are provided by skilled, engaged and inspired colleagues.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our team at Surrey Choices. Using personalised vocational profiles, you will be supporting people to develop their employability skills within their local community.
As an Employment Support Specialist, you will be required to guide and support customers with their employment aspirations and encouraging access to paid employment, volunteering, and other opportunities in their communities independently. You will support customers with CV writing, interview preparation, job coaching and travel training. The role is varied and interesting and you will be working with young people and adults at different stages in their journeys to employment.
What we would like from you:
- A kind and caring approach to supporting people
- A willingness to learn
- A passion for creating diverse communities
- An ability to communicate well with others
- An ability to build and maintain relationships
- To be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt
- A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential *
*This job involves travelling to lots of different places across Surrey to see customers and employers. If you are an applicant with a disability and cannot drive, we will discuss reasonable adjustments. For more information or if you require accessibility via phone, please contact Angela Cogbill on 07713479601 or Rebecca Grammel on 07713479751.
What we can offer you:
- Full training given - carer progression encouraged
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- £300 refer a friend scheme
- Generous pension and sick pay
- 45p per mile expenses between bookings
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Automatic entry into Perkbox benefit scheme
- Employee Recognition Award Scheme
Please click on the following link https://www.surreychoices.com/ to view the full job description.
Surrey Choices Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please click on the following link to view our Surrey Choices Privacy Statement: https://www.surreychoices.com/surrey-choices-privacy-policy/