Are you looking for a career with an ambitious and innovative Council? Are you passionate about delivering a first class service experience to your customers? If you are, then Runnymede Borough Council would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a full-time Assessment Team Leader to lead our Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support Team based at the Civic Centre in the heart of Addlestone’s regenerated town centre, with flexible working two days from home. Here you will become part of a team committed to driving improvement through innovative ideas using the latest technology and supporting residents to access council services.
This role will suit a confident; organised; focused; methodical; enthusiastic team player who enjoys a varied role; in a performance based service and customer facing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a detailed knowledge of Housing Benefit administration and legislation & Council Tax Support legislation and procedures.
- a recognised qualification in Benefit Legislation (IRRV) or equivalent experience
- the ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy
- experience within a busy administration role within an office environment
- competency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- excellent communication skills
- experience of working with multiple stakeholders from the public and private sector
- the ability to motivate people around them
If you think that you have what it takes to excel in this role then we’d like to hear from you.
Please apply online at www.surreyjobs.info. Full information, including the Job Description, Person Specification and other details about Runnymede Borough Council, is available in the Extra Information attachment on the website. If it is difficult for you to apply online please contact Human Resources. Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01932 425516
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please provide an email address where possible as you will be contacted by email if you are selected to attend for an interview.
Closing date: Monday 23rd May 2022 at midnight
Interview date: Monday 6th June 2022
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below. Full information, including the Job Description, Person Specification and other details about Runnymede Borough Council, is available in the Extra Information attachment. You may also send a CV and a cover letter that relates to the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 01932 425516