Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role. If the answer is “yes” then we’d love to hear from you and to help start your career within a busy and fast paced environment.
This is a new role in our team and we are looking for someone keen to learn and willing develop a new set of skills and knowledge. A supported programme of training will be put in place for the successful candidate so they can undertake the role of a caseworker in the field of revenues and benefits.
This is what you’ll do on a typical day while training with supervision and then independently as your skills and knowledge develop:
- Accurately assess and process Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support claims in accordance with current legislation.
- Obtaining and verifying information from customers or other agencies for the correct assessment of claims.
- Reviewing claims to ensure accurate entitlement and fraud prevention.
- Responding to enquires and providing benefit advice verbally and in writing.
- Arranging repayment of overpaid benefit, by resolving queries, and raising invoices
- Work effectively with other specialist teams across the council.
- Opportunity to expand into other areas within the case work team.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people.
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- IT skills are essential.
- A working knowledge of the benefits system would be beneficial but a good starting point would be some time spent researching the subject.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative. You must be a quick learner.
What’s in it for you?
With some 700 employees, we are a diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times where the business allows. We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount off a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £17,662.00 - £18,278.00 per annum (depending upon your age) and an annual leave entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays.
This role is classed as Agile. Office working will be needed during the training period but once training has progressed successfully the successful candidates will be able to work from home part of the working week on a rota basis with colleagues. Our usual office/home working split is 50/50 for all caseworkers.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ursula Clarke on 01483 444958.