Are you looking to take the next step in your career? In an interesting, challenging and incredibly rewarding role? If so, read on!
We’re looking for someone to join our Housing Needs Team, in a role which is:
- Ideal for someone who thrives on using their expert housing knowledge.
- Perfect for someone who enjoys applying creative thinking to solve complex housing problems.
- A key part of a friendly, supportive and flexible team.
About the role
The successful applicant will work closely with colleagues across the council, including our landlord service, community surveyors and other providers of social housing to:
- Manage our Housing Needs Register, for residents in the district who need low cost rented accommodation.
- Administer our Choice Based Letting scheme, which allows residents to search, apply and bid for social rented properties in the district. This will include advertising properties, shortlisting bids, verifying applications and financial assessments.
- Allocate social housing in the district, including our housing stock.
- Prepare tenancy agreements, accompanying residents to view properties and arranging signing of council tenancies.
- Coordinate, verify and administer Mutual Exchange applications, which enable residents to swap homes with other council or housing association tenants.
The successful applicant may also occasionally be required to support colleagues in other case management teams.
Who we’re looking for
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a detailed understanding of social housing allocations, including, housing legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Are experienced working in a lettings environment, in either the public or private sector.
- Like working flexibly, managing your own, often complex, workload, using creativity to solve challenging problems.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, are organised with an eye for detail and able to work under pressure.
- Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
- Have a full driving licence and use of a vehicle, as a large amount of time will be spent visiting sites around our district.
Want to know more?
If you’d like to know more, please read our role specification or get in touch with the Team Leader, Annabelle Gowers, for an informal discussion by e-mailing email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit our job pages using the apply online button below.