The starting salary for these positions is £27,991 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
We are looking for 4 Enabling Independence Team Leaders to join our newly redesigned Enabling Independence Team within Mental Health in Adult Social Care.
The roles are based at:
- Millmead House, Guildford, GU2 4BB
- Quadrant Court, Woking, GU22 7QQ
- The Brickfield Centre, Epsom, KT17 1DL
- Woodhatch Place, Reigate, RH2 8EF
In Surrey we have a strong, well established in-house Enabling Independence Team supporting the residents of Surrey in their recovery for people who have Mental Health and/or Substance Misuse needs. Enabling Independence is a standalone mental health service which links across mental health and substance misuse services and works in partnership with reablement.
This service aims to support people to identify goals in a strengths-based way to meet their needs with their support plans to maximise independence and recovery. This includes co-ordinating and supervising the work of the team, including allocations of referrals, covering absences when necessary to ensure continuity of service delivery. You will support the development of support plans, contribute to reviews and assessments to maximise independence and recovery.
About the Role
In this role you will be required to coordinate the Enabling Independence Mental Health service within a geographical area in Surrey (North West, South West, Mid and East), to deliver a high-quality service to promote prevention and recovery in a strengths-based approach. You will be required to supervise a small team in supporting service users to achieve their support plan goals, to maximise independence and recovery from mental health/substance misuse.
This role will suit someone with some professional experience in social care and who can work flexibly and independently across a geographical area to support staff.
To be shortlisted for an interview your application will clearly evidence:
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages and Internet
- Access to a car and a driving licence
- Ability to work on your own initiative and respond flexibly to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in completing assessments, support plans and risk assessments
We can offer You:
- Clear professional leadership, training and great opportunities to develop your career
- Innovative technology: Front line staff will get touch screen hybrid devices to allow you to work in an agile way and minimise unnecessary travel
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at several County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1,000
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 22/05/2022.
Interviews will take place on week commencing 06/06/2022.
For an informal discussion please contact Caroline Hewlett (senior manager 07971673277) or Michelle Dunbar (team manager 07773061935).