Job Title: Play Worker x2
Location of work: Reigate’s main parks and open spaces
Salary: £9.50 plus 12.07% in lieu of annual leave entitlement
About the role:
Have you experience of working with children aged 5-12? Do you love working in the great outdoors in all weathers? Are you creative and able to create imaginative outdoor play sessions? Then this may be the job for you!
Reigate and Banstead Borough Council has a fantastic new opportunity available for two play workers to deliver our outdoor community play sessions for children and young people aged 5-12. This is a new and exciting initiative to encourage, support and widen accessibility to play opportunities for children within the borough; to play freely and enjoy the benefits of playing in the outdoors in their community.
We are looking for highly motivated and organised individuals who understand the importance and value of good quality, outdoor play for children in the borough.
The hours of work for this post are offered on a casual basis. Daily play sessions, TBD Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 12.30pm during August 2022. Additional hours may be offered to support the wider summer holiday activity programme.
About the Person:
- You must have experience working with groups of children aged 5-12 years
- You will possess good organisational skills.
- You will have proven customer care skills (able to deal effectively, show tact and empathise with customers and respond to their needs)
- You will have strong IT abilities with knowledge and experience of word processing, spreadsheet and Microsoft Office packages
- You will have experience of working in a leisure, community, sport, or school-based environment
- It is preferred you have a full driver’s licence with access to a vehicle but not essential
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Educated to A Level
- Sport/Play/Childcare related degree
- Level 2 or 3 qualification in playwork, childcare or youth work
- Sports Coaching qualification
- First Aid qualification
Please note: If successful you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring (DBS) check.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 5 June 2022 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 6 June 2022
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail: Leisure.Services@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**