Surrey County Council's Educational Psychology team are busy building our 2022 cohort! We are a large and expanding, friendly team and our EPs tell us that our sociability, continuous professional development (CPD) and emphasis on regular meetings with peers are real strengths. As part of the Council’s commitment to providing early intervention we are recruiting to a number of exciting new roles! These include Specialist EPs, as well as main-grade and Senior Educational Psychologists.
Do you want to be part of an innovative, evidence-based, and outcome-focused service, with excellent supervision, and development opportunities?
We are a large team covering all maintained schools across Surrey and can offer a range of posts with opportunities to develop areas of specialist expertise. We have offices based in Esher, Redhill and Woking and we also promote flexible and remote working. There is a well-defined leadership team with Senior EPs in each of the four Surrey quadrants, so support and guidance will always be on hand.
We Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary for Main Grade/Specialist EPs, Soulbury Scale A, 3 – 8 with up to 3 SPA points (existing SPA points will be transferred and starting point of A5 for newly qualified EP’s) £42,811- £57,544. SPA points 1 and 2 are automatically awarded after 1 and 2 years successful practice. Previous SPA points will be honoured. Part time and fixed term opportunities are available
- A competitive salary for Senior EPs, Soulbury Scale B, 8-11 with up to 3 SPA points (existing SPA points will be transferred) £59,456 - £66,941 with discretionary scale points this can increase to £69,514.
- London Fringe Area allowance of £848 per annum
- Flexible working options around school core hours
- Mobile and agile working solutions with friendly local bases for office working
- Comprehensive supervision programme including a buddy for the first term, peer supervision, regular supervision with line manager. Newly qualified EPs will also have a reduced caseload for the first term
- Extensive CPD programme with 7 whole service study days across the year, development activities within area team meetings and opportunities to develop areas of special interest in line with the council’s priorities
- Generous Local government salary-related pension offered and the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff
- Relocation package of up to £8,000 which is exempt from tax and National Insurance contributions for permanent positions
- Visa sponsorship
- Good administrative support for the EP Service
We are looking for EPs who:
- Want to work in a service committed to promoting positive futures for children and young people
- Have a recognised qualification in Educational Psychology
- Are registered with the HCPC and have permission to work in the UK
About the Service
The service is part of Surrey's local SEND offer, working collaboratively with the Inclusion and Additional Needs Team and other areas like Speech and Language Therapy and Specialist Teaching. We also work closely with colleagues in health and in particular services for emotional wellbeing and mental health
We are committed to promoting positive futures for all children and young people. Our focus is on the young person in their educational setting, home and community. We work collaboratively through the application of psychological theory, research and techniques with children and young people, their families and professionals to understand what is happening, develop empathy and agree effective support to enable children to thrive in their local communities. We use psychological frameworks to support those working closely with our vulnerable learners to develop stable and supportive networks that make a real difference to the lives of children and young people.
About the Roles
We are looking to further enhance our capacity to deliver a sustainable preventative offer to schools and to strengthen our emotional wellbeing and mental health offer in partnership with health colleagues.
You will join a friendly and skilled area team providing psychological support to early years, primary, secondary and specialist settings. You will have access to a wide range of resources including our innovative ‘virtual assessment room’. Consultation and co-production will be fundamental to all aspects of your work together with a strong belief in inclusion.
Senior Educational Psychologists:
You will be part of an established Educational Psychology Leadership Team who work together to lead and manage the area teams, to drive innovative EP practice to promote children’s wellbeing and inclusion. You will have the opportunity to lead on key service development activities in line with local and national strategies within a multi-professional context.
Specialist Educational Psychologists – Whole School Approaches to Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health:
In addition to working within an area Educational Psychology team you will also work with
‘Mindworks,’ Surrey’s Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Service. In this role you will apply a broad range of psychological practice, in a preventative and child centred manner, to support schools’ whole school approaches to emotional wellbeing. You will work collaboratively with School Based Needs/Mental Health Support Teams. If you'd like an informal chat about this position, please contact Rebecca Scarth via email at Rebecca.Scarth@sabp.nhs.uk
We are a friendly team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about the work we do. If you feel like this could be the place to kick start your career or further develop your psychological skills, then please do get in touch.Additional Information
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed regularly. If your application is successfully shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.
When your employment begins, you will need to be a member of HCPC.
If you'd like to get in touch for an informal discussion about any of our opportunities, please contact:
- Anna Maxell (North East Area Senior EP) via email at email@example.com
- Chloe Gibson (South West Area Senior EP) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.