Why register your interest?
We understand that committing to looking for a new role is a big decision. Whilst we welcome applications for our roles, we also understand that some candidates prefer an open conversation first. Through registering your information below, our friendly team will be able to contact you to discuss Children’s Social Worker Team opportunities across Surrey.
An authentic commitment to our children and young people is what we’re looking for in you so please do register your interest if, like us, you want to:
- Improve the lives of the children and young people living in Surrey.
- Empower children and young people to have voice.
- Care about children and young people, their wellbeing and their future
Surrey's Children's service keeps on improving and with children at the heart of everything we do we share a passion, desire and commitment to become a high performing local authority and ultimately be recognised by Ofsted as Good and then Outstanding. We understand that the key to our success is our motivated and supported workforce who share our values and commitment to improving the lives of children in Surrey. We are looking for Social Workers, Senior Social Workers and Advanced Social Workers to work across Guildford, Woking, Redhill & Walton-on-Thames.
What we can offer you
We offer a salary of £36,282 - £40,146 per annum for Social Workers and £41,127 - £45,519 per annum for Senior Social Workers and Advanced Social Workers; salary dependent on level of experience.
From 1 October 2020 we are offering a new financial package of up to £6,000 to new permanent qualified frontline case-holding Social Workers, Team Managers and Independent Chairs (please see attached T&C’s for further details).
Be the best you can be through:
- Regular high quality and reflective supervision
- Mentoring for those with less experience to help develop you further
- Manageable caseloads
- A bespoke learning programme developed by the Surrey Children's Service Academy for all roles with continuous professional development. Social Workers and Senior Social Workers will be supported to become Practice Educators and Advanced Social Workers will have the opportunity to join colleague Advanced Social Workers in County Wide learning activities.
- Significantly lower case loads of complex cases for Advanced Social Workers in our Assessment, Looked after Children Teams or Safeguarding Teams.
- 28 days' annual leave, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme and use our wide ranging benefits.
Interested in a new challenge?
Either send through some details by clicking apply or by contacting us at email@example.com. All you’ll need is your Social Worker England or equivalent registration number to hand. A response can be expected within 5 working days- we look forward to speaking to you!Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.