The starting salary for this role is £26,080 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
We are looking for one full-time (36 hours per week) Digital Assistant to work in the Adult Social Care (ASC) Information and Engagement Team.
This vacancy will be a fixed term contract or internal secondment which will end on 31st July 2024.
Internal applicants – please ensure you have discussed this secondment opportunity with your current Line Manager and have their agreement before you submit your application.
This position supports our digital communications strategy to promote self-service and greater digital engagement with our target audiences in Surrey.
This position will involve:
- Reviewing and updating digital content for our website and online directory
- Editing content for our website and online directory, ensuring it meets accessibility regulations
- Interpreting website analytics and conducting user testing to make improvements
- Producing monthly analytics on visitor usage and trends to share with managers and the team
- Researching and developing content on our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) to promote local support services and health and social care campaigns
- Working with partners to drive traffic to our website and engagement on our social media channels
This role focuses on reviewing and improving content on our directory of services and the Adult Social Care information on our website, as well as supporting our social media activity.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Content management system (CMS) experience
- Experience of proof reading with good spelling and grammar
- Social media experience in a professional setting
Strong digital skills and experience of managing website content are essential. Training on our SCC content management system and our analytics tools will be provided.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
This job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 11th September 2022 with in-person interviews to follow.
These interviews will take place at Dakota Building, 11 De Havilland Drive, Weybridge, KT13 0YP.
For an informal discussion please contact Emma Lofts via email at Emma.Lofts@surreycc.gov.uk
We look forward to receiving your application, which should consist of a CV and separate personal statement (at least half a page of A4 in length).
Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.