HR Assistant £22,968- £27,991
37 hours per week, Monday- Friday (Hybrid)
About the role
The purpose of this HR Assistant role is to provide administrative support to the HR department, delivering an excellent standard of customer service to our employees and candidates. The main duties include:
- Administering the full recruitment and onboarding process, inclusive of placing adverts at multiple locations, scheduling interviews, creating and maintaining personnel files, drafting contracts of employment, obtaining references, organising pre-employment checks and setting up new starters on our online training platform.
- Liaising with Payroll on new starters and payroll changes for current employees.
- Providing administrative support to the absence management procedure, retention initiatives, and drafting letters to staff as required.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all HR related enquires
- Undertaking general administrative duties as required.
- A minimum of 3 years in an administrative or recruitment role.
- High attention to detail and strong administrative skills.
- A well-organised approach
- An individual with a passion for HR and willingness to learn. Development opportunities can be discussed upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Knowledge of basic employment law would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills and high levels of initiative.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a busy team.
- Customer service skills would be beneficial.
- HR experience not essential but would be beneficial
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
This HR Assistant role is based in our recently expanded HR service within the small HR Operations team. The HR service looks after c450 employees, uses the Business Partnering model and has a total team of 8. We are passionate, pro-active and solutions focused. The HR Assistant will be expected to have the same vision and be able to manage an exceptionally varied workload.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas.
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Retail and lifestyle discounts via an online platform
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
How to apply
We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. For an informal chat about this role or if it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Chantelle Morris, Recruitment and Retention Manager on email@example.com who will be able to assist you.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st August
Interview Date(s): September, Date TBC
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.