We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Revenue Officer (Recovery) to join our busy Revenues team, offering a salary of £18,907 - £31,187 per annum, dependent on experience.
Woking Borough Council offers the chance of hybrid working. Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that frequent time is spent in the Woking Civic Office and at Court.
The main duties of the role include:
- Ensure the recovery cycle is followed and completed for all stages of recovery, including post liability order action.
- Process and monitor post liability order action: bailiff referrals and reviews, insolvency, charging orders, and other actions, as required.
- Represent and support the Council at Court. This includes liability order hearings and penalty notice applications.
- Liaise with external bodies such as bailiffs, bankruptcy solicitors, insolvency practitioners, trace agencies, credit agencies, and valuation officers, as required.
- Conduct office and telephone interviews and deal promptly and courteously with all forms of communication with the public, in accordance with the Council’s Customer Care Code and other agreed guidelines.
- Ensure that the Council’s Recovery Policy is adhered to.
- To assist, as required, in activities relating to the collection of council tax and business rates.
- Any other duties at a level appropriate to the post, as requested by the Business Manager, Revenues Team Manager or Senior Recovery Officer.
The successful applicant should meet the above criteria whilst being flexible and adaptable. The salary offered will be reflective of qualifications and experience.
The Council offers in return 23 days annual leave (which increases with continuous service), a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days per month, membership of the local government pension scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact either Alicea Van Der Ryst (Senior Recovery Officer) on 01483 743224 or Terry Stocks (Revenues Team Manager) 01483 74321.
Interviews will take place week commencing 10 October 2022.