Housing Solution Officer
£31,065 - £38,276
37 hours per week Mon - Fri
About the role
This an exciting opportunity to join Runnymede Borough Council as we continue our positive work preventing homelessness and ending rough sleeping in the area. As the Housing Solutions Officer, you will:
- Carry out initial assessments of individuals circumstances
- Provide tailored advice to enable the applicant to resolve their housing difficulty
- Confirm the duties the Council owe to the applicant in writing
- Continually review and update the advice and support we are able to provide to the applicant
- Provide a full housing solutions service, offering advice and assistance
- Make enquiries to satisfy yourself of the facts of the application
- Make lawful decisions in accordance with the legislation
- You will have a manageable level of cases
You will be joining a supportive, friendly team and will reporting directly to the Housing Solutions Manager. We are looking for a capable and ambitious individual to join our team who can provide excellent customer service to support us to continue delivering first class housing solutions services. We are looking for exceptional candidates with a range of skills including;
- Knowledge of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended)
- Experience of carrying out detailed assessments
- Good quality communication, both verbal and written
- A team player
- Able to work well under pressure
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
We have an exceptional Housing Solutions team that have achieved many positive outcomes for applicants. This role will support us to continue to deliver a high-quality homelessness service.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the implementation and performance of the Councils Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy and assist in the review of procedures and policies within the team.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas.
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
How to apply for the Housing Solutions Officer role
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Marija Klasnic, Housing Solutions Manager on 01932 425836 or email@example.com.
Closing Date: Midnight 9 October 2022
Interview Date(s): 17 October 2022
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.