Do you have an interest in politics, local government or elections? Are you keen to learn what it’s like working in a political environment whilst also developing your skills and experience?
If the answer is yes, Tandridge District Council have the apprenticeship you’re looking for. You will work closely with colleagues, councillors, senior staff and elected councillors within our democratic and elections team in a role that will:
- Give you experience of running elections and electoral registration.
- Place you right in the heart of the decision-making process at the council.
- Allow you to work closely with councillors and committees.
- Give you a broad perspective of the varied work done across the council.
- Give you the necessary time and support to study for a Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
About the role
Our Democratic Services team sits at the heart of the Council. Providing support to councillors, committees and staff, the team is vital in ensuring councillors are able to make important decisions on local matters, as well as ensuring local and national elections are run smoothly and effectively.
Who are we looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have an interest in politics and how democracy in the UK works.
- Are enthusiastic about learning and contributing to the work of a team.
- Have good written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of how to communicate with different audiences.
- Enjoy a varied workload.
- Are an excellent team player, pro-active, dynamic and flexible.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, please email Alex Berry, Lead Democratic Specialist email@example.com or call 01883 732968.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit our job pages using the apply online button below.