The starting salary for this role is £26,080 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your career in social care?
The implementation of the Care Act (2014) means Surrey County Council now holds social care responsibilities whilst prisoners reside in Surrey Prisons. This is an exciting and developing area of social care and we are looking to appoint a full time Support Time and Recovery Worker to join our team to deliver social care into prisons.
You will be part of a small specialist team delivering social care into prisons. You need to feel comfortable working within the constraints of the prison environment and will be required to have a successful additional prison security check.
The role includes a reablement element to support those with physical needs and developing independence across a range of needs. You will be linked into an identified prison but there will also be an expectation of working across other prisons at times to maintain cover seven days a week (between 8am to 8pm).
We can offer you
- Mentoring and support from experienced colleagues
- Innovative technology: laptop and mobile phones are provided.
- 26 days of annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted lifestyle benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
To apply and be considered for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- You have experience across older persons, mental health, learning disabilities or physical disabilities
- You are self-motivated with a high level of autonomous working
- You are flexible and adaptable to work in a challenging and demanding environment, promoting the social care agenda within the prisons for those who are eligible for services
- You hold a full current driving licence and use of a vehicle to enable you to effectively undertake this role. Applications from those who do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10/10/2022.
Interview date to be confirmed.
An Enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For further information or an informal discussion about this role please contact:
- Caroline Hewlett (Senior Manager) on 07971 673277 or by e-mail at email@example.com
- or Donna Lander (Assistant Team Manager) on 07964 133519 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.