One of the Council’s highest profile commitments is to do everything in our power to be a Carbon Neutral District by 2030 and Stroud District Council has a key role for leading work on retrofit for the county.
We are looking to recruit an experienced project and stakeholder manager. This role, on behalf of a partnership of local authorities, ‘Innovate to Renovate Partnership’, requires a skilled, enthusiastic, and committed individual to lead on the development of a multi-channel, local authority endorsed ‘front door’ for householders seeking to lower the carbon footprint and reduce the energy consumption of their home.
This Project is partly funded by the South West Energy Hub, which is hosted by the West of England Combined Authority through the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery phase 2 grant.
About the Role
This role is recruited, hosted and managed by SDC on behalf of a partnership of councils.
You will be working closely with the 2030 Strategy Manger and the Domestic Energy Coordinator, as well as key stakeholders to manage this project designed to target the “able-to-pay” market on retrofitting renewable/sustainable energy. You will also be supervising a Domestic Energy Support Officer, who will assist in delivery
This project is key to achieving our 2030 Carbon Neutral goals and already has a growing profile in the county.
You will be an experienced and highly organised individual with a track record of project management and delivery, ideally with knowledge and understanding of renewable energy and sustainability.
For an informal discussion, please contact email@example.com on 07773 629 263.
*We will interview candidates as and when suitable applications come through - this can be prior to the closing date.*
Benefits of working for us:
- As an employer, the council is committed to ensuring staff have a healthy workplace and has a strong commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff. We apply a flexible approach to work with a hybrid working model available depending on job role, enabling staff to work from the office and from home depending on service delivery requirements. This role is able to work in a hybrid way. The Council also offer flexi time.
- An office building that creates an environment that is steeped in history and is in a scenic location
- Exceptional pension scheme 18% Employer contribution
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycles and Electric Vehicles
- 22 days holiday per year rising to 25 days after 5 years service + bank holidays + Christmas and New Year shutdown
- Employee discount scheme available through CSSC
- The Council value the benefits volunteering can bring to others and for wellbeing. Therefore, the Council support up to 3 days per year that staff can use to Volunteer. Learning and development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing service
It is important that our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientation, those from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic backgrounds, and people with disabilities.