The starting salary for this role is £26,080 or £29,291 per annum (dependent on role), working 36 hours per week. This is a 6-month secondment / fixed term contract.
Come and shape your career in payroll with Surrey County Council. The Payroll Team are excited to announce that they are growing their schools payroll branch. This means that we are looking for more team members to join our dynamic team.
We are a friendly, large and expanding team that is looking for experienced payroll officers.
About Schools Payroll
- The school payroll team is made up currently of 25 staff, running the payroll for over 400 educational settings across Surrey and other counties, and this is expanding.
- This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain further knowledge and experience of a broad range of work areas as well as an insight into how different teams within payroll work.
If you have enthusiasm, a positive outlook and are willing to learn, then Payroll is the team for you!
We have two different roles to apply for all starting as a six-month fixed term contract. We will appoint you within your range of experience.
Payroll Senior Officer
Skills required: Good IT skills, some payroll experience, experience of delivering good customer service, strong communication skills, good administrative skills.
Salary level: £26,080 - £28,617
Payroll Specialist (2 vacancies)
Skills required: Strong IT skills, experienced payroll knowledge, ability to work across more complex payroll queries, strong communication skills, excellent administrative skills
Salary level: £29,291 - £31,810
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The closing date for this advert is 23:59 on 30/11/22 although we will be looking at applications as they come in and begin shortlisting and interviewing candidates in advance of the closing date. Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
For an informal discussion please contact Julia Bennett by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
We can offer you:
- From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance.
- You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service.
- A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role.
- A competitive pension scheme (Local government Pensions Scheme).
- Option to join the car lease scheme.
- An opportunity to take advantage of a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, health screening, dental insurance, personal accident scheme and retail vouchers.
- For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.