Do you have a passion for creating inspiring and appetising menus? Are you someone who likes to support the community and would like to work with a team of energetic, dedicated staff and volunteers, who deliver a range of other activities, and services within our local communities?
Then read on!
This is a great opportunity to join our hardworking, and committed Community Centre team to provide an upbeat, warm, and friendly service. You will be required to coordinate all aspects of the Café, delivering a full café menu, hot meals and events whilst working alongside volunteers, inspiring our community users through your cooking. You will provide a daily wholesome choice of hot tasty meals and a selection of puddings. There will also be a need to provide three course meals for large special events and small buffet offerings for hirers should they request this.
About the Person
• You should be an experienced cook with a background of working in a commercial kitchen.
• You will have experience of implementing food hygiene and maintaining high standards and records in a busy kitchen.
• You should have experience of health and safety matters, including COSHH.
• You will have experience of stock ordering and rotation.
• You should have experience of managing to a budget and budget monitoring.
• You will be always flexible to deliver what is required for all activities and events.
• You will be highly motivated and capable.
• Can work well on your own and as a supportive member of a wider team.
• Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
• You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
• First Aid qualification
• Food hygiene qualification to level 2 or higher
This is a great opportunity for you to share your ideas, and inspirations for providing a safe warm centre, where all visitors, including vulnerable people visiting are given a truly happy social experience.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative, and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.