Job Title: Arboriculture Operations Specialist
Location of work: Earlswood Depot
Salary: £31,644- £37,602
Basis: Permanent, Full-time, 36 hours Annualised
About the role:
Are you a qualified Arborist/Tree Surgeon with excellent customer service skills? Do you want to work alongside a supportive team to deliver the maintenance of tree stock within the borough? Then this will certainly be the job for you!
Our friendly and dedicated Greenspaces Team is looking for an enthusiastic and qualified Arborist to join them. You will be required to support the delivery of the maintenance of tree stock within the borough of Reigate & Banstead which will involve undertaking a full range of arboricultural works including pruning, felling and working at height. You will undertake a range of specialist tree management activities, such as coppicing and thinning and identify a range of tree species, to inspect, survey and recognise specific defects and associated hazards within individual trees.
You will also carry out and be responsible for the safe and correct application of pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals, write and record site specific risk assessments and assist in the execution of all aspects of individual arboricultural operations and long-term work schedules. There will also be a requirement for you to support existing team in responding to emergency works and manage the on-site working environment when necessary.
About the Person:
- You will have strong experience of climbing and arboriculture operations
- You will have led an arb team/senior arborist
- You must have up to date appropriate First Aid training with climbing operations
- You will have experience of driving arboricultural associated vehicles and towing trailers/chippers
- Your knowledge/identification of arboricultural pests and diseases will be good and up to date
- You may have previous experience of working for/with Local Authorities
- You must have a valid driving licence with towing entitlement
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- NPTC CS 38/39, NPTC CS 40/41, NPTC CS 30/31 chainsaw and NTPC certificate in use of wood chipper – Essential
- NTPC certificate in use of powered pole pruner – Preferred
- Trained in the operation of MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms) - Preferred
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 4th December 2022 @ 23:59
Interviews: Tuesday 13th December 2022
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail Michael.email@example.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**