SENIOR CONTROL OFFICER
There has never been a more exciting time to join East Hertfordshire Council, the control and fraud team are looking to recruit a Senior Control Officer to join their busy team to carry out fraud investigations.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Shared Service Assistant Manager the Senior Control Officer will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fraud investigations in accordance with the appropriate legislation and presentation thereof at court where appropriate
- The efficient and accurate administration of all appeals and requests for reconsiderations of Benefit applications and overpayments identified in accordance with the appropriate regulations, legislation and guidance, and presentation thereof at relevant tribunals
- Carrying out and evidence appropriate quality assurance checks and responding to queries in accordance with the relevant legislation and requirements of the service.
- Carry out liaison with shared service authorities and external organisations, including promotion and awareness and supply of statistical and other data.
- Carry out performance management across the shared service, ensuring the maximisation of productivity
- Carrying out reconciliations, the management of creditors modules, checking, integrity and completion of returns to government departments, agencies and other relevant organisations.
The successful candidate for the role of Senior Control Officer will:
- Ideally, be an IRRV technician or have equivalent experience
- At least three year’s relevant management experience in Revenues/Benefits
- Have used Housing/Council Tax Benefit systems.
The successful candidate will need to attend the Hertford office once every 3 weeks as per the rota
We are proud of our 'one team' culture where everyone contributes to delivering great services to our local community and residents.
We offer a great working environment, flexible working options, many benefits and development opportunities, as well as the chance to improve the lives of East Herts residents.
We are 'One Team'. We don't just state our values, we live them. These values define the relationship between the council and its people, and underpin our approach to performance, reward and well-being:
- Here to help
- We work together
- We aim high
By demonstrating our corporate values in everything we do, we not only make a real difference to our local communities but also for our staff and their progression.
In addition to our values, we are proud to have a supportive working culture with strong staff groups that support each other such as our carers' support group, mental health first aiders, and buddy programme.
We encourage creativity and ideas to improve the delivery of services and working environment, and our regular all staff briefings, staff suggestion scheme and monthly staff recognition award ensure we continue working together as one team.
As part of our Green Travel agenda, we actively encourage employees to explore more economical and eco-friendly means of travel to work, e.g. public transport, cycle, walk or car share, and support this through a number of initiatives such as lift-share.
Here are some of our benefits:
- A stimulating and supportive work environment
- Flexible working arrangements, including flexi-time
- Up to 50% working from home for eligible posts
- Employee well-being programme
- Local Government pension scheme
- 25-28 days annual leave rising to 33 days with 5 years' local government service
- A range of discounts including high street retailers and local leisure centres
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and your development is supported by the organisation
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We wish to make the application process as straightforward as possible, so we just ask that you upload your CV.
This recruitment campaign is being managed by JGP Resourcing. Please contact Joe O’Dea for more information about this role at email@example.com or 07828 520598.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic Senior Control Officer role with East Herts Council. Apply today!