Joining Surrey as a Team Manager will be an opportunity to be part of a culture in which children and families are supported in a spirit of partnership that encourages them to develop their own solutions while receiving the help and support they need to address their complex situations. You will also nurture and grow your own team of Social Workers and Practitioners using a motivational interviewing approach, which contributes to Surrey’s continued journey to “outstanding”.
Children with Disability
Ambitious about Ability - Our Children with Disabilities (CWD) service embodies our Council vision of no one being left behind. Our child-centred approach sees us working closely with the children and their families to ensure the whole family is supported. We are committed to working in partnership with families to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people. Our goal is to maximise life chances and opportunities for disabled children and we work closely with our colleagues in adult services to achieve this. We believe strongly in the importance of building positive and consistent relationships between the families we work with and Social Workers, together with the multidisciplinary team
Salary: £46,634 - £52,625 per annum for Team Managers based on a 36-hour working week. We also offer a financial package of up to £6,000 (please see further information in attached reward statement).
In Surrey, you will have a sense of belonging within your individual team but also the wider service areas and directorate. You will receive high quality supervision, as there is a firm commitment towards dedicating time that focusses on the work you do with children and families, to enable you to work creatively and holistically in providing support and protection to children whilst also paying attention to your wellbeing and career development. This allows you to feel continuously fulfilled in your role and have a pathway to achieve your future aspirations.
Wherever you are in your career journey, Surrey is committed to supporting and nurturing you so that you can be the best version of yourself.
Our Surrey Children’s Service Academy currently has over 60 courses available and offers a bespoke learning programme so you can be at the forefront of best practice. Modules such as Motivational Interviewing and our Total Respect course allow you to feel empowered in having essential conversations whilst still ensuring a child centred approach.
How we support you
Surrey is committed to supporting you in and out of work and we offer a number of benefits to help support you in your time away from work. A few examples of these are:
- A competitive relocation package
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Car lease scheme
- Competitive local government pension
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Employee Assistance Programme - offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
Fancy a chat?
Our friendly teams could talk your socks off when it comes to all things Social Work. We’d love to hear from you and find out more about what you’re looking for so if you’d like to talk to us please just drop a quick message to email@example.com and we’ll get a call arranged.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 27/11/2022
Interviews will take place on week commencing 05/12/2022