Temporary Accommodation & Support Officer
£27,991 to £34,474 depending on skills and experience
37 hours per week
About the role
As the Temporary Accommodation & Support Officer, you will:
- Proactively manage the Council’s stock of temporary accommodation, addressing tenancy/licence/estate issues
- Visit tenants on a regular basis
- Effectively manage rent arrears to meet the Council’s target on rent collection
- Engage, guide and support residents in temporary accommodation
- Help residents to sustain their current tenancy and to develop skills to successfully move on from temporary accommodation
- Allocate offers of temporary accommodation and carry out the sign-ups
- Provide support to private rented sector households at the beginning of their tenancy
- Provide a full housing solutions service, offering advice and assistance as part of the wider Housing Solutions Team
- Draft written materials such as standard letters, checklist forms and information flyers for tenants
You will be joining a supportive, friendly team and will report directly to the Housing Solutions Manager. We are looking for a capable and ambitious individual to join our team who can provide excellent customer service to support us in continuing to deliver a first-class housing service. We are looking for exceptional candidates with a range of skills including:
- Knowledge of the key issues affecting the sustainment of tenancies
- Experience of giving advice and support to customers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong team player
- Innovative and driven to deliver excellent customer service
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
We have an exceptional Housing Solutions Team that have achieved many positive outcomes for applicants. This role, within the Temporary Accommodation and Support Team, will support us in our aims as set out in our Homelessness & Rough Sleeping Strategy.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas.
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Jane Robinson, Housing Solutions Manager on 01932 425255 or email@example.com.
Closing Date: Midnight 27th November 2022
Interview Date: 6th December 2022
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.