We are looking for a motivated, creative and innovative communications professional to join our friendly Communications Team at Epsom & Ewell Borough Council.
The Communications Team engages with the residents, businesses and communities of Epsom & Ewell about the wide range of services, initiatives and events the Council manages, to help all people in the borough to thrive. We work closely with teams across the Council to develop and implement communications plans and campaigns that resonate with and engage our audiences, and inspire them to take action.
We are a small team with big ambitions to develop the communications function across the Council. For this varied and exciting role we are looking for someone who can help us to design and implement a successful internal communications strategy, as well as take on diverse and interesting external communications projects and campaigns.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of internal communications and employee engagement
- Be confident in using a range of channels to effectively target and engage with audiences, including social media, PR, digital, email, advertising and collateral.
- Have experience of writing and implementing communications plans for projects or campaigns
- Be highly organised with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Have the ability to build strong and positive relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Katherine Lloyd, Communications and Engagement Manager on email@example.com to arrange a time.
Closing date: Monday 05 December 2022
Interviews: w/c Monday 12 December 2022
At Epsom & Ewell Borough Council, we are passionate about maintaining an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all sections of our community particularly from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities. We are committed to ensuring all our staff – regardless of gender, age, religion, sexuality, ethnicity or disability – can thrive and succeed whilst working with us.