An exciting opportunity has arisen at Woking Borough Council for a Project Support Officer to join a busy Infrastructure Project Team from February 2023. The position is fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. (Secondments may be considered.)
Be part of a team delivering exciting integrated highways infrastructure projects within Woking. Amongst these projects is the revitalisation project for the town centre, Woking’s biggest infrastructure project to date. The significant improvements to the town centre’s road network and the widening of the out of date Victoria Arch railway bridge, totalling £115million, will unlock housing sites for the local area.As part of the team you will:
- Facilitate the efficient day-to-day delivery of strategic highways and engineering infrastructure.
- Be an enthusiastic self-starter who is highly organised and able to support and assist in preparing and maintaining project management and risk information.
- Be excellent at liaising, communicating and building relationships with other internal departments, customers, partner organisations and contractors to respond to ad hoc queries and requests and also to support and represent the team.
- Be willing to support key work activities within aspects of development infrastructure, transport planning, geo-technical, environmental, highway engineering and property matters.
- Have a continuous improvement mind-set and recommend improvements to our project support processes.
- Have a professional approach and be able to prioritise competing demands and meet strict deadlines.
The Council offers in return a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days a month, membership of the local government pension scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
You can read more information about the projects by clicking on the link below:
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louisa Calam (Strategic Project Manager) on 07968 832238 or Hannah Rees (Project Support Officer) on 07917 721548
Closing date: 7 December 2022
Interview date: WC 12 December 2022
Please note that this role will not start until February 2023.
How to Apply
Woking Borough Council values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply online via the link provided.