Property Legal Officer
Salary Range £38,276 - £46,559 dependent on experience
37 hrs per week (Hybrid working)
About the Property Legal Officer role
As the Property Legal Officer, you will be expected to take on a variety of matters, both routine and complex, with a focus on Property Law, and:
- Provide advice and manage Property legal cases, under the supervision of the Principal Solicitors (Property) that will include:
- Regeneration & Property (Commercial & Residential),
- Complex & routine property conveyancing transactions, and
- General Property (both commercial and residential) matters
- Support the Principal Solicitors (Property) in all Property related matters
- Draft and negotiate commercial, residential and transactional documents (including purchases, sales, regeneration and development and asset management work) and advise on property disputes.
- Support corporate projects working in multi-disciplinary teams and advise on property and governance issues
- Advise officers and Councillors and act as legal advisor to Housing Committee
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification, candidates who do not possess this will still be considered should they have the relevant experience
- Have experience of property work, preferably in a local government context
- Knowledge of the law and practice of Property law
- Experience of managing a wide and varied forms of Property matters with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate commercial acumen, drive, enthusiasm and exceptional communication skills.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas (rising to 31 Days annual leave after 2 years)
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
As part of Runnymede Borough Council’s commitment to delivering excellent standards of service delivery, we are looking for an ambitious lawyer, who can demonstrate the commercial acumen, drive and enthusiasm required to support an entrepreneurial local authority looking to deliver quality services to its residents. Our new Corporate Business Plan sets out in five strategies how we will add value to the lives of residents:
- Responding to climate change
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of local people,
- Encouraging residents’ ability to effect change locally,
- Driving economic development in the Borough, and
- Organisational development, allowing us to be best placed to deliver the above.
Working for Runnymede Legal Services as a Property Legal Officer offers you the ability to work closely with key officers at every level of the authority on a variety of property work that will make no one day the same!
How to apply
For more information on the Property Legal Officer role and to apply please visit the council website.
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this Property Legal Officer role please contact Chelsey Newsom at Sellick Partnership or Piero Ionta at Runnymede Borough Council.
Closing Date: Monday 19th December 2022
Interview Date(s): Thursday 12th January 2023
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.