We are facing increasing numbers who are presenting as homeless and in temporary accommodation. We need an experienced officer who can help us meet our duties under homelessness legislation who will work to prevent homelessness wherever possible, with a focus on finding housing solutions. The successful applicant will participate in a duty rota responding to enquiries including those who present as homeless on the day as well as interviewing applicants by appointment.
- You will be working in a dedicated team providing support to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- You will work to prevent homelessness wherever possible and will develop personalised housing plans
- You will deal with those who present as emergencies or homeless on the day considering the case and deciding on the course of action to be taken,
- You will assist in monitoring cases and processes to comply with our prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- To maximise housing solutions, you will work with key partners to provide the best prospect for a client to secure and sustain accommodation.
- If homelessness can’t be prevented, you will seek suitable housing options for clients and undertake detailed homelessness investigations working to target times at all stages and determine the final decision on homeless applications.
- You will have experience of working in a frontline team and be able to influence and negotiate successfully.
- You will need to understand our duties to homeless households and prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Your ability to provide solutions, communicate and to establish effective working relationships will serve you well in this role.
For information on this role please contact Juliette Martin Team Leader on 01372 474598