The starting salary for this role is £26,080 per annum, based on working 36 hours per week.
Are you passionate about making a real difference to those who need it most? Are you digitally savvy with a love of marketing and design?
If you would thrive in an environment that's all about promoting the benefits of physical activity, we want to hear from you, as Active Surrey are looking for a Marketing & Design Officer to join our dynamic and driven team.
About Active Surrey
As the Active Partnership for Surrey, we believe that movement matters. It matters to our health, our schools, our communities and our environments.
Focused on tackling inactivity and inequality, we work with partners to help residents realise the benefits of a more active way of life by influencing systems, removing barriers and creating opportunities to get people moving more.
Our vision is that people in Surrey - with a particular focus on those who need it most - enjoy healthier, better lives, by being more Active every day
About the role
The Marketing & Design Officer (MDO) uses the most relevant and effective communication channels to achieve Active Surrey’s vision: that people in Surrey - with a particular focus on those who need it most - enjoy healthier, better lives, by being more active every day
Targeting multiple audiences, the MDO will support projects by designing and creating appropriate and effective marcomms which cover multiple channels, including but not limited to print, video, websites and social media.
They will need to be naturally collaborative and able to take ideas from colleagues within the team to produce high quality resources that are reflective of Active Surrey. As well as building on the ideas of others, the MDO will be able to constructively challenge and use their initiative to suggest alternative ways of meeting project / comms objectives.
The Marketing & Design Officer's duties include:
- working with the Marketing & Comms Lead, Head of Strategy & Innovation and other colleagues to design and create new marcomms resources from scratch using appropriate software (InDesign, Canva & Publisher)
- reporting on, scheduling and creating messaging /advertising for the Active Surrey social media accounts (currently Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkeIn and You Tube).
- helping to maintain the Be Your Best & Active Surrey websites as and when required
- safeguarding and developing the Active Surrey brand by providing a consistent look and feel to all material
We're looking for someone with a 'can do' attitude, who is able to collaborate with others and prioritise their workload under time pressure, who meets the following criteria:
- Relevant degree or marketing qualification preferred, but at a minimum 3 A Levels / Level 3 qualification
- Maths and English GCSE (A*-C) / Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent
- Creative, with a minimum of 1 years’ experience of creating digital and print marcomms using appropriate design software (ideally InDesign but also Canva & Publisher)
- Proven experience of helping to manage social media for an organisation
- Experience of working to / policing brand adherence
- Excellent communication skills including good use of written English and grammar
At Active Surrey, our values are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation and enable us to fulfil our vision of ensuring that everyone in Surrey enjoys healthier, better lives by being more active every day.
Active Surrey are a not for profit organisation hosted by Surrey County Council in their offices in Woking, but our flexible working approach allows a proportion of home working.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31/01/2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing 05/02/2023.
This is a fixed term contract, currently scheduled to end on 31st March 2024
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Bob Pritchard at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.