The starting salary is £26,080 per annum based on a 36 hour week, BUT YOU CAN EARN UP TO £36,500 per annum based on the average shift pattern as you will receive an ADDITIONAL 50% of pay for all waking night shifts worked between the hours of 8pm - 8am, as well as any hours worked on weekends and bank holidays.
Are you ready to start an exciting and rewarding career caring for children in our children's homes based in Woking and Guildford?
What We Can Offer You!
We offer many great benefits for staff depending on what is important to you! A selection of these include:
- Professional support with clear career progression
- A generous local government pension
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing tools
- Lifestyle benefits
- Travel and Transport benefits
After a recent expansion, we have a number of Residential Worker roles available for energetic and enthusiastic people that have a passion for caring with children and young people with learning and moderate physical disabilities in our children's home in Woking or children and young people with emotional and behavioural issues at our home in Guildford.
About the Role
Each day is different, but as a Residential Worker you'll be involved in:
- Interacting and building relationships with children and young people
- Co-ordinating activities and holidays
- Creating meaningful care plans
- Working in partnership with other professionals and agencies
- Writing reports and keeping detailed records
- Providing some personal care at our home looking after children and young people with disabilities
We are looking for staff who have the enthusiasm and creativity to enhance and improve children's lived experiences. You may already have some experience of working with children and young people or an understanding of some of the complex issues faced by children in care - but you will also need to have empathy, resilience and a good sense of humour!
Most important is you are enthusiastic, reliable and flexible in your approach to work, as hours worked are on a rota basis. You will need to be prepared to work some evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in duties. For this commitment we will reward you with an additional, generous unsocial hours payment.
You will be keen to progress and will be supported to study for the mandatory, nationally recognised Level 3 Diploma in Residential Care within a two-year period. Once you have gained this qualification (and subject to satisfactory working), there are opportunities to progress to a Senior Residential worker on the next level of pay, £29,291 per annum.
To be shortlisted to interview your application will clearly evidence:
- Understanding of the issues that may affect children in care
- Great communication with good verbal, IT and written skills
- Ability to build authentic relationships with children and young people
- Resilience with a positive and adaptable approach to work
- Competency in Maths and English sufficient to be able to work towards the Level 3 Diploma
- Commitment to a working pattern that includes weekends and unsocial hours
- You will need to be at least 22 years of age to meet our legal obligations and you will need to hold a current driving licence
If you feel you have the passion, enthusiasm and transferable skills to enhance the lives of our children and young people then we would love to hear from you!
We are committed to the safe recruitment of staff in our Residential homes across Surrey therefore if you are successful in being offered a role within our service, we will work with you to collect all required checks in line with government guidance. You can find out more about what information you will be asked to provide HERE