The starting salary for this position is £9,656.50 per annum based on an 18 hour working week, pro-rata to £19,313.
Surrey Residential Homes accommodate children up to 18 years of age. All of our homes are inspected regularly by OFSTED and have been judged as either 'Good' or 'Outstanding'. We are very proud of the quality of our residential services for children in Surrey. As a result, we have invested in our homes and staff and plan to continue this in order to achieve a service that is ambitious, innovative, and responsive to the needs of young people in our care.
Our children's home looks after up to 6 young people aged between 5 -18 years old and provides a safe and nurturing environment for disabled children and young people who also have complex health care needs. This position offers you the opportunity to join a dedicated and energetic team that provides the best possible quality of personalised care for young people, that meets each child’s needs and promotes their welfare.
About the role
We are looking for a new part-time Qualified Housekeeper who will take pride in the home, cook healthy meals and help create a clean and homely environment.
The main purpose of your role as a Qualified Housekeeper is to ensure the home has healthy home cooked meals, is clean and tidy throughout and that areas of work are cleaned to the required high standards and specification. You will also ensure grocery and cleaning supplies are maintained.
In the role of Housekeeper you will ensure:
- Food planning, including healthy menus and on-line shopping
- Adhering to budget constraints per week for the home
- Ensuring nutritional requirements are meet, including any allergens children and young people may have
- Stock rotation in larder and refrigerators
- Daily checking of temperatures on fridges, freezers and report any concerns/issues to Senior staff team
- A high standard of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in designated areas
- The removal of rubbish, vacuum cleaning, sweeping, mopping, polishing, dusting and where necessary, the use of powered equipment e.g., vacuum cleaners, carpet shampoo machines
- All necessary repairs are reported
- Food preparation, catering for internal events held at the home, with a flair for creativity
- In the absence of the management team or Admin staff, all cleaning products delivered are checked for quality and stored appropriately, maintaining good stock rotation
Required working hours (which are flexible and can be discussed)
- Tuesday – Friday: 3:30pm – 7pm
- Saturday – 3-7pm
To be shortlisted to interview for this post you will need to clearly evidence:
- Flexible attitude to work
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical way
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues and COSHH
- Level 2 Qualification in Hospitality and Catering or equivalent
- CIEH e-learning Food Safety in Catering (refresh every 3 years)
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
- Commitment to undertaking relevant training and development
- Able to work with a degree of independence and manage personal/professional boundaries
- Ability to develop and sustain appropriate relationships with young people
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptable, confident, resilient, self-aware
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 19/02/2023 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Elizabeth Mahdi by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service (pro-rata for part-time), a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.