Democratic Services Officer
£27,991 to £38,276
37 hours per week, fulltime
About the role
Runnymede Borough Council is looking to appoint a Democratic Services Officer. Our friendly and hardworking team are happy to develop you as a trainee or work with an experienced governance practitioner. Your role will involve:
- Preparing, agendas, researching topics, writing and compiling reports.
- Evening attendance at committees and member working parties, for which an additional sum is paid.
- Writing and publishing high quality minutes.
- Providing an effective support service to elected members, including handling enquiries and updating the members web pages on the council’s website.
- Supporting projects and other duties assigned to the team.
This is a fast moving and ever developing environment and we are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, and clear minded individual to join the team. Experience of local government is not essential, however the role will involve regular contact with, and support to councillors, and liaison with senior officers, so good interpersonal skills and the ability to work sensitively in a political environment are important.
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
Democratic Services is a small team operating at the heart of the council’s decision making process and has regular interaction with all levels of the council, as well as being responsible for the support and development of elected members.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Gary Lelliott, Head of Democratic Services on 01932 425620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 8 February 2023
Interview Date(s): 21 February 2023 (prospective)
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below. Full information, including the Job Description, Person Specification and other details about Runnymede Borough Council, is available in the Extra Information attachment.
If it is difficult for you to apply online please contact us at Human Resources, Runnymede Borough Council, Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2AH.
Email: email@example.com. or Telephone: 01932 425517.