If you are looking for a rewarding career, helping to develop others become the best social workers they can be, then this could be the job for you!
We’re looking for two PEPs2 qualified Practice Educators who are passionate about supporting staff and have a flair for teaching and development.
The starting salary for these permanent positions is £41,127 to £45,519 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
We also have a part-time opportunity available at 21.60 hours per week, please let us know in your application your preferred interest.
These positions can be based at any of our quadrant offices (Guildford, Woking, Walton on Thames or Redhill), however we also offer a hybrid approach with considerable opportunities to work from home too.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Surrey County Council, which include:
- Regular high quality and reflective supervision
- 28 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days annual leave after five years
- A generous local government salary related pension with high employer contributions
- Strong and visible leadership
- We look after each other: strong teamwork ethos and 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Supported and diverse workforce - well established support networks e.g. Carer, Women’s, Deaf/ BSL network, MEGA, LGBTQI+ and DENIS - Disability Networks
- Agile working, supported with hybrid office and home working
- Expenses paid for work related travel
- Free onsite parking
- Competitive pay rates
- Financial retention package of up to £2,000 to successful candidates (T&C Apply)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and use our wide-ranging benefits health and lifestyle benefits
Surrey Children’s Academy are working in partnership to recruit, develop and retain a workforce that gives the best care and support to children, young people and families in Surrey. To achieve this, we are invested in developing new Social Workers through different training pathways. This role sits within the team that supports Social Work students on placement with the Council and also provides assessment for newly qualified staff on their ASYE year.
Our team within the Children’s Academy is looking forward to welcoming new colleagues to join us, to broaden our own learning and work together to provide high quality experiences to Social Workers in their early careers, so that they go on to deliver the best services to people in our community. We work autonomously with our assigned learners, however as a team (the manager, our four Advanced Social Workers and our Practice Educators) we collaborate and support one another to deliver teaching and learning opportunities.
In joining our team, you will work with students from our different university partners to support, guide and assess student placements. You will work closely with others to the benefit of those in training, so people have a variety of learning opportunities whilst on placement. You will identify and support the needs of learners, including applying theory to practice and enabling critical reflection. You will support individuals and facilitate group sessions, offering space for reflection and guidance and lead on developing teaching opportunities within the team.
You will need to have experience of this role and to be shortlisted to interview, your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- Your Social Work qualification and current registration with Social Work England
- Your Practice Educator Professional Standards (PEPs 2) qualification
- Your Experience of working with children, young people and their families
- That you hold a valid UK driver's license and have access to a vehicle
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 22nd February 2023 with interviews taking place on the 2nd or 3rd of March 2023.
For an informal discussion please contact Siobhan Doyle by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.