The starting salary for this position is £36,282 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
Our Children’s home in Guildford is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Deputy Manager!
In this pivotal role, your expertise and creativity will help us achieve our ambition of ensuring every child in Surrey is seen and heard, feels safe and can grow. By enhancing and improving traditional ways of working – you will play a key part in the lives of the children and young people who are looked after in our residential children’s home.
We value our employees for the unique skills, backgrounds and perspectives they bring to the table. We work continuously to bring out the best in all our people, offering opportunities for development and flexibility wherever possible.
We offer many great benefits for staff depending on what is important to you! A selection of these include:
- A generous local government pension
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing tools
- Lifestyle benefits
- Travel and Transport benefits
Each of our residential homes is a specialist in a specific area of need and we are therefore looking for someone with a genuine passion to help children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties who may also be at risk of exploitation.
Working alongside the Registered Manager, you will have responsibility for the day-to-day leadership and management of our home and any linked services, making sure the service we provide promotes and safeguards the welfare our children and young people and delivers positive outcomes for them.
As a senior member of the team, you will supervise and support staff to deliver all that is needed to meet the needs of our children and young people, this will include managing complexity, risk and vulnerability. We therefore need you to know the Ofsted Inspection Framework and Children’s Home Quality Standards that governs children’s homes and you will be able to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of our work.
In return for your expertise, commitment and experience we will support your ongoing learning and development through a culture of high support and high challenge. You will have access to a range of learning and development activities including Restorative Approaches, Motivational Interviewing, Positive Behaviour Support and Contextual Safeguarding. We also support staff to obtain a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Care if you are appointed (if not already held).
In your application, we would like to hear about:
- Your ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with children/young people, their families and professionals involved in their care, and knowledge of the issues that affect them, including Disability, trauma, attachment, and contextual safeguarding
- Your experience in supervising, inspiring and leading staff, enabling them to improve practice and outcomes for young people
- Your competence in effective assessment, risk management and strengths-based care planning
- Your knowledge of delivering statutory childcare services including at least two years’ experience relevant to the residential care of children and knowledge of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and Quality Standards
This role also requires that you have a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent, GCSEs in maths and English and good IT skills.
Please note that a full driving licence is essential for this role.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 19th February 2023 with interviews to follow.