Children With Disabilities Team Manager
The salary range for this role is £48,632 - £52,625 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
This role is offered as a 12-month fixed term contract/secondment opportunity to provide leadership for a team of six social workers with our Children with Disabilities service. Half the team are based at our office in Walton on Thames and half are based in our office in Reigate. You have flexibility over where your office base will be but you will need to have a presence at both offices when needed.
Joining Surrey as a Team Manager is an opportunity to be part of a culture in which children and families are supported in a spirit of partnership that encourages them to develop their own solutions while receiving the help and support, they need to address their complex situations. You will also nurture and grow your own team of social workers and practitioners using a motivational interviewing approach, which contributes to Surrey's continued journey to "outstanding".
Ambitious about Ability - Our Children with Disabilities (CWD) service embodies our Council vision of no one being left behind. Our child-centred approach sees us working closely with children and their families to ensure the whole family is supported. We are committed to working in partnership with families to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people. Our goal is to maximise life chances and opportunities for disabled children and we work closely with our colleagues in adult services to achieve this. We believe strongly in the importance of building positive and consistent relationships between the families we work with and social workers, together with the multidisciplinary team.
In Surrey, you will have a sense of belonging within your individual team but also the wider service areas and directorate. You will receive high quality supervision, as there is a firm commitment towards dedicating time that focusses on the work you do with children and families, to enable you to work creatively and holistically in providing support and protection to children whilst also paying attention to your wellbeing and career development. This allows you to feel continuously fulfilled in your role and have a pathway to achieve your future aspirations.
Our Surrey Children's Service Academy currently has over 60 courses available and offers a bespoke learning programme so you can be at the forefront of best practice. Modules such as motivational interviewing and our total respect course allow you to feel empowered in having essential conversations whilst still ensuring a child centred approach.
How we support you
Surrey is committed to supporting you in and out of work and we offer a number of benefits to help support you in your time away from work. A few examples of these are:
- A competitive relocation package if you choose to move to Surrey
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- Parking available when in the office
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service
- Car lease scheme
- Competitive local government pension
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus, voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Employee Assistance Programme - offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
Fancy a chat?
Our friendly teams could talk your socks off when it comes to all things Social Work. We'd love to hear from you and find out more about what you're looking for so if you'd like to talk to us please just drop a quick message to and we'll get a call arranged.
This advert will close at 23:59 on the 29th May 2023.
Following the closing date, if your application is shortlisted you will be contacted by our CFL Workforce Team within 5 working days. They will be able to advise on interview arrangements and can support in answering any questions you may have.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
You will need to be registered with Social Work England and have the willingness and ability to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.