Workforce Development Manager
The starting salary for this role is £47,778 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service provides fire and rescue services to over a million Surrey residents in addition to the County's many visitors. We employ approximately 700 members of staff including community and business safety experts, firefighters, 999 control room operators, trainers, mechanics, data analysts and other support colleagues. Our staff work from 25 fire stations, Headquarters site, Reigate and Wray Park Training Centre.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Surrey Fire and Rescue Service to join the Learning and Development Team based at our Reigate Training Centre. The team consists of 1 Group Commander, 2 Station Commanders, 18 Operational Watch Commanders, 6 support staff, and a Driver Training Manager who has a team of 3 instructors. You will directly line manage 6 instructors and a number of associate instructors.
You will work with the Group Commander of the Head of Learning and Development to lead on the learning and development strategy for the service, including identifying opportunities to utilise the apprenticeship levy.
Already a passionate Learning and Development professional, you'll bring a creative and innovative approach to learning. You will be a true people leader, with proven experience of influencing and directing others whether within a Learning and Development team or cross functionally. You will have the experience to know when to support and when to challenge, and you'll be excited and genuinely interested in the prospect of leading, shaping and building high quality learning solutions in a Fire and Rescue Service environment.
To be considered for interview, your application will clearly evidence:
- A strong track record of delivery in a Learning and Development management role within a service industry
- Previous experience of influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience in the design and delivery of QCF accredited development programmes
- Previous experience of effectively utilising the apprenticeship levy funding as a means to support individual and service growth
- Level 4/5 qualification in Learning & Development or equivalent experience in the service industry
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18th June 2023 with interviews to follow.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
- 26 days' holiday, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days' additional holiday
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- My Staff Shop/shopping discounts
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.