The starting salary for this position is £18.30 per hour plus an additional £2.83 per hour annual leave allowance.
At Surrey Fire and Rescue Service, we believe it is essential to embed our commitment to the Core Code of Ethics and particularly equality, diversity and inclusion, into every aspect of our work. This is a dual responsibility applying both to our outward facing, community-focussed activities, and to our internal responsibilities to people and volunteers.
Our vision is that everyone representing Surrey Fire and Rescue Service will be a community role model.
- Putting our communities first
- Dignity and respect
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
About the role
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) invite interest from qualified and experienced individuals in the following subject areas to assist in a bank capacity across any of our locations including remote specialist centres and Fire Stations
- Breathing Apparatus Instructor (BAI)
- Fire Behaviour Instructor
- Tactical Ventilation Instructor
- Water Rescue Instructor
- Working at Height (WAH)
- Road Traffic Collision (RTC) Instructor
- Immediate Emergency Care (IEC) Instructor
- Hazardous Materials
- Incident Command L1-3 (ICL)
- Apprenticeship / Vocational Instructor
- A1 Assessor and Verifiers
- Recruit Instructor (to include entry level and Inter Service Transfer)
- Potential Crew Commander (PCC) Instructor
In addition to the above there will also be the potential to assist in the delivery, implementation and training relating to Learning and Development Systems.
The purpose of this opportunity is to assist with the service delivery of courses, instruct and assess as and when necessary. This opportunity is offered on Surrey County Council Terms and Conditions.
Please ensure along with your application, you submit all supporting documents including qualifications.
This is a rolling advert where applications will be reviewed and interviews will take place regularly.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.