The starting salary for this position is £44,614 - £47,681 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
With guarantees of a supportive team, excellent training & development opportunities and an agile working environment, Surrey Heath Locality team is a great place to be an Occupational Therapist! We would love you to join us as we strive to best support our valued Surrey residents, ensuring no one is left behind.
We currently have the following vacancies based in the Surrey Heath Locality Team:
- 1 x full-time, permanent Senior Occupational Therapist - £42,591- £45,519 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
- 2 x part-time permanent Senior Occupational Therapist - £42,591- £45,519 per annum based on a 36 hour working week (pro-rata for part-time hours).
Surrey County Council offer a generous benefits package in addition to competitive salaries for Social Worker roles:
- 26 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 2 years and 30 after 5 years of continuous local government service) plus Bank Holidays - with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Flexible / agile working to help with balancing work and home
- Training and Development including a structured Induction Programme
- Relocation assistance of up to £8000 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme (with a focus on wellbeing)
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
In your application, we would love to hear about your:
- Professional qualification in Occupational Therapy and current registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience of working within a social care, health or community focused multi-disciplinary setting
- Ability to complete person centred and proportionate OT assessments
- Familiarity with moving and handling equipment such as hoists and stand aids
- Knowledge of medical conditions and the likely impact on the individual, carer and family
- Knowledge of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting.
- Substantial post-qualification professional experience would also be required and experience of providing professional supervision (support and training to further these skills will be provided).
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
About the role
As a Senior Occupational Therapist in Surrey Heath Locality team, you will conduct holistic assessments of social care needs and planning support across a dedicated caseload. Working closely with families, carers and care workers, you'll play a vital role in supporting people from diverse backgrounds, with a wide range of needs.
At Surrey we work together openly and honestly to provide our residents with an excellent service that is inclusive and respectful of all. We offer a wide range of benefits that allow you to develop within your career without having to sacrifice your work/life balance.
You can read more about our benefits, vision and values on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for this role is 01/01/2024, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Samantha Whitehead on 01276 800205.
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.